Position: Product Specialist (Chinese Language)
Compensation: Competitive, Salary + Bonus, Health/Vision, 401K
Company: Better Chinese (BetterChinese.com), Santa Clara Office
At Better Chinese, we are deeply committed to helping people learn Chinese effectively – that means happy, motivated, and proficient learners. We work with over 1,200 schools, providing solutions for their Mandarin language programs. We are also the only Chinese language publisher adopted by 10 US states with materials aligned to national and state standards.
As a pioneer in Chinese language instructions, we invest heavily in technology and emerging learning paradigms.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Better Chinese as an Product Specialist for the wholly owned subsidiary in Santa Clara, CA . We are looking for passionate individuals to join us in a small startup environment. This is a high-energy group of talented, smart, fun people, committed to making a difference in Mandarin education .
The Product Specialist will help create products for students and educators. The successful candidate will think creatively and communicate effectively with customers to create products that reflect customer needs.
Content Creation & Management
- Proofread and copy edit publication
- Coordinate and assist with new content production
- Help with an outreach effort to network with college professors and language consultants
- Use technology to organize and manage content
- Coordinate with sales and marketing teams to develop training, services, campaign materials for customers
Digital Products Design & Management
- Define product objectives, timelines, and resource requirements
- Gather user feedback and provide analytical observations for future product enhancement
- Ability to ideate products from scratch and improve features, all with a user-centered design process
- creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes
- Able to source designers and UI architects for technical solutions
- Able to coordinate with technical teams to deliver products in a timely manner
- Proficient in Mandarin and English
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in Education/Instructional Technology/HCI preferred.
- 1-3 years prior work experience in education; specializing in the teaching of foreign language(s) a plus.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills. English and Chinese writing samples required.
- Able to clearly present data and findings with analytical clarity.
- Detail-oriented, organized, flexible and able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and reliably but also act as a team player in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Must be organized with the ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Microsoft Excel, InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote experience is a plus.
Applicants can submit a resume, writing sample in Mandarin and English and cover letter with salary requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will only be contacted if selected for an interview.