Position: Operations Specialist
Compensation: Competitive Compensation, Salary + Bonus, Health/Vision + 401K
We have an exciting opportunity to join Better Chinese as an Operations Specialist for the wholly owned subsidiary in Santa Clara, California. We are looking for a passionate individual to join our small startup environment and help make a difference in the field of Mandarin education. We are a team of high-energy, talented, and fun individuals who work with our customers to build Chinese language programs that are innovative and effective.
The Operations Specialist will manage the company’s internal operations, supply chain, inventory, customer service and distribution processes. He/she will also help the marketing team plan and coordinate sales and marketing events plus social media campaigns.
- Manage our supply chain of products. This includes tasks such as maintaining inventory level; order processing and verification; and order fulfillment and delivery.
- Manage office equipment, services and supplies.
- Manage the scheduling and delivery of products from overseas to fulfill orders in a timely manner
- Resolve customer service requests and questions via phone and email
- Track and manage the company's accounts receivables and accounts payable
- Help plan and coordinate sales and marketing events
- Contribute to and assist in content creation for social media platforms
- Work with team on how to increase user engagement on social media platforms
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in spoken Mandarin Chinese and English is required
- Outstanding academic record (copy of transcript required)
- Self-starter and team player
- Disciplined and detail-oriented
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Experience with Netsuite or other ERP systems is preferred but required
Please send your resume, cover letter, a short writing sample, and a copy of your unofficial transcript to with “Operations Specialist” in the subject line to jobs(at)betterchinese.com. Due to the high volume of interest in this position, only select applicants will be contacted.
About Better Chinese
Founded by educators from Columbia University and the U.N., Better Chinese is a leading publisher of Mandarin curricula for students of all levels, from pre-kindergarten to college. Officially adopted by nine states in the United States and used in 1500+ schools worldwide, the Better Chinese pedagogy, learning materials and technologies are helping to build the next generation of Chinese language speakers.
Job Type: Full-time