Position: Product Manager (Chinese Language)
Compensation: Competitive, Salary + Bonus, Health/Vision, 401K
Company: Better Chinese (BetterChinese.com), Palo Alto Office
At Better Chinese, we are deeply committed to help people learn Chinese effectively – that means happy, motivated, and proficient learners. We work with over 1,200 schools, providing solutions for their Mandarin language programs. We are also the only Chinese language publisher adopted by 10 US states with materials aligned to national and state standards.
As a pioneer in Chinese language instructions, we invest heavily in technology and emerging learning paradigms.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager , located in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, one is responsible for planning, designing, and managing content development for our product line. The Product Manager is active in the full product development cycle, including concept testing, customer feedback, pilot, development, QA, and deployment. In addition, the Product Manager is an active part of the Product Marketing group in developing strategy, design, channel, collateral, marketing, and sales activities.
The candidate must be able to multi-task effectively, prioritizing work in a demanding environment. The candidate must be able to work with colleagues span in multiple continents. This position requires occasional travel to regional offices and conferences.
- Define objectives, timelines, and resource requirements
- Create product features with the Leadership Team for product strategy alignment
- Gather user feedback and provide analytical observations for future product enhancement
- Collaborate effectively with our colleagues in Asia and Europe
- Able to source designers and UI architects for technical solutions
- Work with editorial, technical, and design teams to deliver and refine product
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in Education/Instructional Technology/Computer Science preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a product management
- Experience in school language products
- Proven track record in product/brand management – product cycle, including launching new products, maintaining existing products, and updating products
- Strong analytical and organizational skills for strategy and priority planning
- Strong communications skills
- Leadership skills for a ‘cohesive’ team
- Passionate and data-driven
Better Chinese, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants can submit a resume and cover letter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will only be contacted if selected for an interview.