Position: Editorial Intern, full time
Company: Better Chinese (www.BetterChinese.com), Santa Clara Office
Better Chinese is the global leader in multi-platform education publishing for Chinese language learning and culture since 1997. We are a pioneer in language education; the only Chinese language publisher adopted by 9 US states, the first publisher with an iPad app embedded with classroom instructional strategies, and a leader in Chinese Immersion education.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Better Chinese as an Editorial Intern for the wholly owned subsidiary in Santa Clara, California. We are looking for a passionate individual to join us in a small startup environment. This is a high-energy group of talented, smart, fun people, committed to making a difference in Chinese education.
During the 3* *-month internship , the Editorial Intern will help finalize digital products for students and educators. The successful candidate will be a Native Chinese speaker , with great attention to details, and good communication skills. He/she should also be interested in pursing a career in education or related field.
- Assisting with copy editing publication in both Chinese and English
- Assisting with image and audio processing
- Conducting QA content for digital products
- Assisting other teams as needed
- Native in Mandarin Chinese and Simplified Chinese characters.
- At least junior or senior level college students. Graduate students and recent college graduates are welcome to apply.
- Great attention to details.
- The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Good written and oral communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, iMovie, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign a plus.
Applicants SHOULD submit a resume and cover letter by sending an email to jobs@]betterchinese.com. Submission without cover letter will not be considered . Please note that you will only be contacted if selected for an interview.