Position: Associate Editor (Chinese Language)
Compensation: Competitive, Salary + Bonus, Health/Vision, 401K
Company: Better Chinese (BetterChinese.com), Sunnyvale Office
We have an exciting opportunity to join Better Chinese as an Associate Editor for the wholly owned subsidiary in Sunnyvale, California (near Stanford campus). We are looking for passionate individuals to join us in a small startup environment. This is a high-energy group of talented, smart, fun people, committed to making a difference in Mandarin education .
The Associate Editor will help create products for students and educators. The successful candidate will think creatively and communicate effectively with customers to create products that reflect customer needs.
- Proofread and copyedit publication.
- Contribute to and assist with new content production.
- Help with outreach effort to network with college professors and language consultants.
- Use technology to help editors organize and manage content
- Coordinate with editorial and marketing teams to develop suitable products and services for students and teachers.
- Proficient in Mandarin
- BA/BS degrees; understanding of East Asian languages and cultures and having cross-cultural experiences strongly preferred. Transcript required.
- 1-3 years prior work experience in education; specializing in the teaching of foreign language(s) a plus.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills. English and Chinese writing sample required .
- Able to clearly present data and findings with analytical clarity.
- Detail oriented, organized, flexible and able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and reliably but also act as a team player in fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Must be organized with the ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, Adobe programs, and/or Flash a plus.
- Microsoft Excel or other database experience strongly preferred.
Applicants can submit a resume, writing sample in Mandarin and English and cover letter with salary requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 702-442-7968. Please note that you will only be contacted if selected for an interview.